The moment of my greatness, Flickr
- http://futurismnews.com/user/view/profile/login/rileywell: ...
- Lourdes: Greetings from California! I’m bored at...
- grace stickland: I visited my mothers and my grandmothers...
- michael James: I will be visiting London on June 29th and...
- Karissa Horvitz: This is very interesting, You’re a...
Category Archives: 20th Century
Error fetching Flickr photos: WP HTTP Error: Operation timed out after 10003 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
Bromley's London Road Cemetery would be entirely unremarkable, a brick and stone chapel surrounded by forgotten, lopsided monuments, were it not for one magnificent specimen of memorial sculpture: the depiction of Edward Fuller in his best suit, being guided up to heaven by a coyly-smiling angel.
This is the oldest cemetery in Bromley, opened in 1877. It's now full and closed to new burials.
Opened in 1995, this cemetery was just a few years old when these photographs were taken. New cemeteries are always rather odd and bleak.
Meller calls Eastcote Lane "small, modest and dull", and he is right. A small attempt to jolly the place up has been made by planting palm trees around the red-brick chapel, but this seems only the emphasise the mundanity of the rest of the site.