Cemetery Archives: Brockley and Ladywell Cemetery

Brockley and Ladywell Cemetery

Deptford Cemetery and Ladywell Cemetery were founded adjacent to each other in 1858. Though the A to Z still shows them as separate, they were amalgamated in 1948, a grassy ridge marking the place of the old boundary wall. The eastern Ladywell end tends to be the more interesting, with its wrought iron gates incorporating the words ''Ladywell Cemetery'', and some of the larger pink granite monuments showing damage from a World War Two bomb (two unexploded bombs remain in the cemetery).

Posted in 19th Century 20th Century London Cemeteries | Leave a comment
Page 1 of 11